Here at MyReviewer we are 100% committed to protecting both your privacy and security. We want you to feel completely safe when using our website, so you can enjoy the experience without worrying about any abuse of your personal information.
To help you feel at ease, this page will explain ALL of the information we record with regard to our visitors, why we do it and what we will use it for.
- Certain preferences are stored in cookies which allow us to change the way our website appears to you. These are often used to affect viewing such as by changing font size, storing favourite pages, etc. We do not keep track of this information or use it for any purpose other than the customisation of our website for your browser. Your preferences are entirely anonymous to other users.
- Q. How do I stop you using cookies?
- A. Stop visiting the site, or disable them in your browser. For information on the latter, try a website like this one: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
- Q. What information do you collect?
- A. We collect a number of different types of information from our visitors, all of which are listed below:
- Every page you view is logged by our webserver along with the IP address, browser type, and similar information, for the computer you are viewing it from. There are only two things we do with this information. The first involves the collation of this information using statistics software into anonymous data with which we can guage page popularity, where our visitors come from, what times of the day are busiest, and so on. The second thing we do with this information is protect the security of our website, by locating people who are attempting to damage our systems, using our site to post illegal or abusive information, or avoiding a ban from viewing our pages.
- When you create an account on our website, we will record your name, chosen login details and also your email address. You can optionally include some information about yourself for other users to see, which will also be recorded, but solely for the purpose of displaying it to other users.
- Q. Do you spam emails?
- A. No, we do not send out spam emails, now an offence in the UK. If you believe you have received them from us then please let our administrators know, as many genuine spammers fake emails to appear to be sent from a legitimate source such as ours when in actual fact they have not.
- We currently only obtain email addresses from account creation. Any email addresses collected when creating an account will only receive emails concerning account related details, such as your username and password, activation requirements, etc. We will send emails to this account when requested to do so by our lost password feature, or required due to abuse on our system, or at the request of another user on our site, however your address is protected from all third parties unless you decide to reveal it directly yourself.
- Q. How do you protect my personal information?
- A. We do not collect any personal information which you do not knowingly submit to our website. We also will not pass on any personal information we do collect to a third party. We may, however, pass on anonymous data which is not traceable to you, including statistics on website usage, page views, unique visitors per month, and so on. In addition, your email address, preferences and other non-public information is private and will not be disclosed to any other visitor, unless we feel we are legally required to do so.
- A. Our site does not currently carry advertising, so nobody else is collecting or tracking your visits to our pages.
- Q. What about people who sign up to MyReviewer for the purposes of advertising their websites with spam?
- A. Unfortunately there are a few slimeballs out there who don't care about the quality of our site, and simply want to create an account so they can post a blatant advertisement for their own get rich quick scheme, or just links to their website aimed at increasing their position in search engines. These and similar such activities are known on the internet as spam, and we DETEST spam.
- If we deem you to be a spammer, we reserve the right to publish whatever email address you signed up for an account with, alongside any IP addresses you may have used, so owners of other websites can spot your lameness before you attempt to spam them too.
- Q. Anything else we should know about?